It’s that time of the year again where we give extra thanks to the people, we are most thankful for in our lives. Whether you can’t make it home for the holidays or you just want to spend extra time with your close friends. Friendsgiving is becoming everyone’s favorite holiday! Here are 10 tips to hosting an amazing Friendsgiving!
10 Tips in having an amazing Friendsgiving!
Have someone take the lead – Appoint someone to send invites and coordinate food and drinks.
Let friends pick what they’re bringing – Give your friends the chance to stake their claim on a dish. Use a Google Doc or other shared spreadsheet with categories like appetizers, side dishes, veggies, and desserts. Friends can simply add their name and what they are bringing. This will make planning so much easier!
Assign turkey duty to the host – Transporting a fully cooked turkey sounds like a potential disaster and cold dinner in the making.
Don’t forget the drinks – Warm Apple Cider warms everyone up and is the perfect Fall drink
Make sure there’s plenty to go around – Make sure to confirm the guest list to ensure no one gets short-changed on mashed potatoes come dinnertime.
Arrive Ready – Nobody likes too many cooks in the kitchen. Make sure everyone brings their dishes prepared.
Check the counter space – Make sure you have enough space to place all of the dishes. Otherwise, ask around to see if one of your guests can bring a folding table.
Don’t sweat decorations – Don’t overthink this! A simple fall colored table cloth and candles elevates the dinner. Remember it’s about the people that are sitting around the table.
Stock up with the basics – more people in the house means going through basics like toilet paper, paper towels, garbage bags and soap more quickly. Make sure to do a quick trip to the store to make sure you have enough
To-go containers are a must – Don’t let the leftovers go to waste! Ask someone to bring to-go containers for the group or remind guests to bring their own to make sure everyone gets a serving for the road.
We are so thankful for every one of our Residents! Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see what events we have coming up!
October is one of the best months of the year. The weather is perfect and there is so much to do! Fall is the perfect time to unleash your creative side and make fun snacks, decorations, or embrace the outdoors. Here is a list of 30 activities that will help you make the most of this perfect month.
1. Go apple picking. 2. Get a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. 3. Go to a haunted house 4. Plan a fun Halloween party for you and your friends. 5. Make a really cool Halloween costume. We will be having a costume contest this month, so start preparing now! 6. Go to a pumpkin patch. 7. Get inspiration for fall outfits from Pinterest and Tumblr. 8. Rake the leaves and jump in them! 9. Go for a hike and collect fall leaves. 10. Go on a hayride, haunted or not. 11. Navigate your way through a corn maze. 12. Go trick-or-treating. 13. Watch your favorite Halloween movies such as Halloweentown and Hocus Pocus. 14. Take cute fall pictures with your friends. 15. Bake pumpkin spice flavored desserts. 16. Curl up with a good book on a cool fall night. 17. Smell the Leaves candle from Bath and Body Works and try to resist the autumnal scent. 18. Clean out your closet and donate gently used clothes to Goodwill. 19. Go shopping for cute fall boots. 20. Decorate your apartment with fun fall decorations. 21. Volunteer at a soup kitchen to help provide warm meals in the colder months. 22. Carve a pumpkin. 23. Go on a road trip with your friends to enjoy the beautiful fall scenery. 24. Make s'mores by a campfire. 25. Look for fun activities in your community like a Fall Festival. 26. Make caramel covered apples. 27. Roast pumpkin seeds in the oven with sea salt. 28. Drink a glass of apple cider. 29. Wear a typical fall outfit consisting of a flannel, leggings, and riding boots. 30. Wear pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Make sure you are following us online to stay up to date on all of our fun October activities!
Fall semester is right around the corner and soon you’ll be heading to your classes at Troy University and cheering on the Trojans, but until then you should be enjoying your summer and free days while you have them. Here are some awesome ways to spend your summer
• Go to a festival
• Concerts, concerts and more concerts
• Spend some time at the beach
• Amusement Parks
• Take a hike
• Lay poolside with a good book
• Sign your lease at (property name)